Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I havent posted in a while...

I figured that I should take the time to post and leave a few new pictures of the kids! We had a wonderful Christmas this year! We spent Christmas Eve at Justin's dad's family's and it was a nice, fairly uneventful night!! Then Christmas morning we opened our gifts and then headed off to my mom's house for lunch. After that we went to Justin's cousin's house to do Christmas with his step-family. I LOVE going over there because it is a HUGE family and they do a nice big gift exchange and I have so much fun participating!!
























Things have been hectic with the kids healths recently! Kenna had a high fever 2 days before Christmas that caused her to have a febrile seizure. It didnt scare me at first but after about a minute, she started gasping for air and I got scared and called 911. Needless to say, that lead to a trip to the ER by ambulance. With Jaydin being a severe asthmatic, I always pictured my first ride in an ambulance being with him!! Speaking of his asthma...he is currently having another flare up. I took him to the ER on Thursday and they debated on whether or not to keep him, but after I reassured them that I could care for him at home, they let him leave with me! He is on albuterol treatments as needed now, which are down to about every 4 hours.










The big news in our house is that Kenna is now crawling!! We are SOOO proud of her newest achievement:) Some of you may know that she was diagnosed with Erbs Palsy in November so we thought she would be even more delayed on her crawling, so we are so proud to see her mobile! If you dont know what Erbs Palsy is (which I am sure you dont because i had never heard of it before!) it affects the nerve(s) that run down your neck into your shoulder. Usually it is caused by a tramatic birth which I dont quite understand in Kenna's case because her delivery went quite smooth!! It should correct itself over time and her physical therapist seems to think that it is only affecting one nerve on her which is great considering it could have been up to 5 nerves!! It just affects her range of motion in her right arm and the strength to her right hand. When she crawls, she uses her left hand normally but then goes down on her right shoulder instead of using her hand/arm. It is sad to watch but it doesnt seem to slow her down and now she is "chasing" after her brother! BTW...she recently learned how to say "bubba" which is our nickname for Jaydin!

No comments: